PREGNANCY, BIRTH AND POSTPARTUM
WHAT IS ACUNEEDLING?
Acuneedling is acupuncture by a Registered Midwife. Working within our scope of practice, midwives trained in acuneedling can assist with conditions of pregnancy, labour, birth and the early postpartum.
Acuneedling treats both the emotional and physical changes through pregnancy, birth and postpartum
WHAT CAN ACUNEEDLING ASSIST WITH?
Acuneedling is a safe alternative treatment for many pregnancy conditions.
- nausea/vomiting and heartburn
- haemorrhoids/ varicose veins/ vulval varicosities
-back/hip/symphysis pubic pain and musculoskeletal conditions
- emotional concerns / fears / antenatal depression
- thrust / itching
- pregnancy induced hypertension
- gestational diabetes
- restless leg syndrome / leg cramps
- headaches / migraines
- fetal positioning
- labour and birth preparation through ripening of the cervix, ligaments, pelvic tissues and optimising the hormones of labour starting from 36 weeks
- mother warming for healing
- mastitis / blocked ducts
- caesarean scar healing
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
Acuneedling treatments are indivisualised and can include the combination of acuneedling, breathwork, moxibustion, relaxation... and a chat with a midwife!